Dragon Age Origins

Anything about anything goes here.
SilverbladeTE
Arch Magus

Dragon Age Origins

Post by SilverbladeTE »

Real life does not exist any more, I'm whooping it up in this game, sorry ;)

probably the best CRPG, ever, seriosuly.
Incredibly funny party banter (think Baldurs Gate but better)
hard fights etc

me luvs me precious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqVAjmqgmcY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:)
--| http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |--
Art, D&D, 3D tutorials, and yes I used to be a magican, a bloody good
one you smurfing whippersnappers!! :p
Remodius
Grand Summoner

Re: Dragon Age Origins

Post by Remodius »

Whats a crpg?
I had this really smurf awesome quote by RFK, but because we are only allowed 255 characters, I can't put it up here, so I am writing this in protest of a stupid smurf limitation.
SilverbladeTE
Arch Magus

Post by SilverbladeTE »

Computer RPG, bro :)
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Morrigan looks like a fun character.
Rylden Riptide
Arch Convoker

Post by Rylden Riptide »

I am equally impressed. I had all but given up on CRPGs because they were just so bland and pointless - but this game - just the voice acting alone is amazing. The sheer amount of lore in this game is staggering, but you have a sense that it is a real, breathing world. This game may actually beat ChronoTrigger for me if it continues the way it is.

This game, I'm playing a Creation Mage, which is absolutely fun - Using Alistair, Lailiana, and Wynne for the most part.
I'm probably going to play a Rogue next and have Morrigan, Sten in it.

I love the fact, however, that things you do have actual consequences and how the game reacts towards your decisions.
SilverbladeTE
Arch Magus

Post by SilverbladeTE »

bastler
yes, let's tell Remodious the Odious how you can "get it on" with the other characters, even one of the males, and that, seriously, one of the hidden quests is to unlock a foursome!! :twisted:

Rylden
playing a mage but I dabbled to mccuh, so wasn't "high" enough through the ranks to get good AOE spells so was getting my ass kicked at times until I did, sigh

agreed absolutely phenomenal game, up there with Planescape Torment etc. :)
whata refreshing surprise
Kelno
Conjurer

Post by Kelno »

I was actually kinda disappointed in this game.

One big complaint is the party system - imo, nothing has come close since the baldur's gate series.

This "You must recruit 12 people, but are only allowed to use 2" crap is really old.
Man will never be free. (until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest)
Danille

Post by Danille »

The only problem with the game is that it finishes way too easy. The end boss fight is trival if you understand the mechanics of the fight.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Kelno wrote:I was actually kinda disappointed in this game.

One big complaint is the party system - imo, nothing has come close since the baldur's gate series.
I have to agree. I quit halfway through DAO. I have a suspicion that NOTHING will ever exceed the gaming experience that the Baldur's Gate series provided me. While the voice acting in DAO was good, and some of the characters were interesting, the plot of the story did not engage me and I could not make myself care about the game world.

In the same sense, I doubt any other MMO will ever equal EQ1 (my 1st MMO, and I'm still playing). WoW only held my attention for a month. The only MMO that *might* equal EQ1 (to me) would be a Starcraft MMO (done right).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I want a Diablo MMO. I think they've created a great amount of lore in the game and an interesting world. The single player game introduced (or at least popularized) the skill trees seen in lots of MMOs today. I think it would be pretty awesome. And it would still have the popular fantasy swords and sorcery, but not be a Tolkien/D&D derivative seen in so many MMOs.