Silkroad.net

Anything about anything goes here.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Silkroad.net

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

really isnt bad.. and is free. but nothing quite compares to eq1.. lol eq1 is good enough to pay for 2+ subscriptions.. but if you want free and better than runescape, go silkroad.net
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Re: Silkroad.net

Post by jack96jill »

lol, i played this a couple years back, its great at lower levels, but once you start getting to mid range, the bots take over the game. Im not talkin joe shmoe and his extra account, i mean the people using programs to play the game for them 24/7 to sell gold(whatever currency was i forget)/rare items/accounts. You also had a hard time logging in due to always packed servers, you could spend hours just trying to log in hoping one person would get disconnect and you'd be faster than the bot log in programs.

Not long before i quit i witnessed some craziness, i went to the 'high' end city to check it out, now for the previous several weeks before this, the game had implemented something, bunch of us called it death lag, and it always happened at the same time at night, if you were out fighting when time came, and death lag ended, you were always dead because the mobs would just beat your character down...anyway, while i was at this high end city, it came time for death lag...and the city flooded with bots, musta been at least 1200 of them all running the same exact routes between venders it was hillarious and sad.

several months back i got the itch to give it a go again...downloaded the game...spent 20 minutes looking at fully packed inaccessible servers and said f' this, delete silkroad.

so unless they fixed the packed server thing and the bots, its not worth the frustration...otherwise it could be a really cool game
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

i think the times when i actually sit down to play, are the times when people are fed up and get off.. i have litterally NO Problem getting onto silkroad.. i play a bard/cler (for mana/HP regen) and a warrior/warlock for DPS and absolutely rape(european type)... (warlock sets traps for DoTs and pulls mobs through traps, then warrior tanks and cler heals, bard class keeps clers mana full.... i never die with this combo. kick the crap out of all sorts of group mobs. just find another cleric, and keep his mana full with my bard to keep my warrior/warlock healed (or group with a bard to just keep my clers mana healed.)

the other 2 i play is ice/bow + fire/healer (chinese type) and rape mobs bigtime.. ice/bow pulls, then fire/healer shoots fire spells. (then both chars use 2hs when mobs enter melee range) healer obviously keeps them alive.. but they dont last long..

European chars are better for boxing, but the chinese are badass.. would like to ice/bow/2hs and fire/bow 2hs them both.. but need a healer and dont wanna 3box. (would use a european bard/cler if i did 3box.. for inf. manafor cler/bard
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Played Silkroad too some time ago. Packed servers with bots as mentioned above and later it is just endless grinding like many asian games.
If you look for an free alternative for EQ try Runes of Magic, Atlantica Online or take a look at Allods Online (not played that yet).
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

they didnt have european released for us players yet when i was playing, just chinese. i mostly went with bow/fire because it was claimed to be some of the most damage.

because of the limited zones and places to level up, it got bottlenecked because the areas were packed with bots and other players, and so the typical 'grind' became impossible
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

its huge now... huuuge. long runs kinda suck though.. nice having a bard class for the runspeed. lmao
although i wish the bards in silkroad were more like the bards on EQ... the bards of EQ are freikin amazingly useful in a whole array of situations, and can kite even... there really isnt much kiting in Silkroad.. maybe if you got 2 ice/bow chinese taking turns freeze-snaring and running some distance to shoot some more.. (would use a ice/bow for freeze-snare, and fire/bow for mdg, but fire based dmg removes the freeze-snare =(
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

so, you gave me the itch...and i tried to scratch....

luckily, silkroad/joymax are helping me resist very easily with some major cockblockaging

download the crap game again, try logging into the game, account 'blocked: terminated due to innactivity' or something like that...blocked for 100 years mind you...wtf is this? i understand clearing out accounts...but why block the account rather than just delete it...so i could try to recreate and come back? i had been premium/pay member for awhile i dont think this would be too much to ask...

so i petitioned (cant post on forums cause im blocked for 100 years)...and they gave me copy/paste response, yeah your screwed, no characters above lvl 10, inactive, no premium status, deleted/blocked end of story.

so, im like ok, i'll just make a new account, filled out the crap, did the image thing, hit create...page pops up with message 'visit under 13 cannot create account at joymax' click ok...clicking ok doesnt do anything at all, and im 31...so i figure the half ass korean coding maybe switched numbers around, so picked a bday to make me 51...nope im still under 13 lol....so i tried max bday, born in 1910, im 100 years old now...but im still under 13...

petitioned again asking if they even wanted real players...so, looks like i'll be deleting this game again, just not worth the frustration as was the reason before