Spam?

Anything about anything goes here.
najiwench
Grand Summoner

Spam?

Post by najiwench »

Hey, just wondering...is there any way to set up a required time between posts? So that, for instance, you can't post twice in less than 1 minute, or something like that?

Or, set up a new person moderation, where they can only post 1 or 2 times for the first 24 hours or something?
Siggy by Eireann
Danille

Re: Spam?

Post by Danille »

I ban about 50 bots per week from this website. I usually get all the bots doing their thing on saturdays and sundays. It is extremely labor intensive to maintain this process presently. I have to ban the player's account with one action, then ban their ip address with another, then delete each post they made individually. There really needs to be a way to ban and delete all posts of the player with one button.

IMHO There should also be a rule for all new accounts, they cannot post more than one time on their first 24 hour period.

Doubt that this board has that capability though.

EDIT: If we had a way to delete and ban the users who link a website to their account, 99% of the bots fill in the "link you website" section where most board users never bother to fill that out.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

Do these boards need to be upgraded?.

There is a (new?)feature whereby a first post has to be admin approved before a second post can be made.
Danille

Post by Danille »

I have been banning the spammers b4 they have a chance to post for the past 3 days
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

Danille wrote:I have been banning the spammers b4 they have a chance to post for the past 3 days
Looks like another one got through, there was one yesterday as well!
Danille

Post by Danille »

29 minutes of my life wasted deleting those posts today and banning ip addresses and usernames
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

is there ANY way to set it up where you cannot register for the site without going through a "person hoop" to make sure you're getting a real live human being and not a bot? I know this message board gets hammered with more spam postings than any other one that I visit. There has to be a way to tighten up the process so we don't get spammed to death...whether it be by the admin's having complete control and only they can activate an account, or by having to read and retype characters during activation, or by not allowing posting for 48 hours after registration, or.....