Where are People Soloing in HoT?

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Forte

Where are People Soloing in HoT?

Post by Forte »

Just wondering, since we're nearly at launch + two months, where y'all have been soloing ( this means only you and the pets, no mercs or bots ) in the new expansion.

In my case, the list so far:

Feerrott
HoT
The Well
MN
MC

Within those zones, Feerrott and HoT are naturally the easiest, followed by The Well. Adds are annoying, but not unmanagable... twincast & the gargoyle with Silent Casting and the two bolts is your ticket there, healing the pet while the DDs are refreshing ( if you aren't 90 yet, you are gonna be one happy mage the first time you get a good crit with the Spear; it almost makes up for the traditionally crappy heal. :P ).

So how about you guys, where are you hunting?
Jedis
Administrator

Re: Where are People Soloing in HoT?

Post by Jedis »

Good to hear we CAN still solo.

I'm so used to boxing my mage, chanter, druid setup, with 2 cleric mercs and a tank merc, that I forget what soloing even feels like. Sometimes I'll change it up and throw in a real cleric.
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

I don't solo for exp, usually just for quests or augs. A couple of named that I've soloed without a merc are Queen Klaknak and General Jyleel. Queen Klaknak wasn't on purpose it jumped me when I was running around. The AE sucks so pet DA is a must. Also it drops melee stuff so unless you are killing it for someone else there are much easier mobs to get visible gear from. General Jyleel without a merc was also on accident. I was molo camping him for the aug and my merc died the pull before he popped. I was trying to clear the PH next to him and then wait on merc but he came instead. It's a super easy camp to molo but it is soloable if you are after exp. I mostly just pulled the 4 PH out front and then waited for respawn.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Impressive kills. Queen is by no means easy, and Jyleel has pretty nasty spike damage.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

That is cause Aumeldarie is the bomb (guildie). Found last night trash is fairly easy in SS and had a group but pet was only taking mild dmg there in "middle" camp for most of the names. I feel that they are doable, just getting single is the issue. "Farm" camp looks like fair singles, haven't seen bosses there though.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

awww Thank you Failcon you are too!
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The named rat at the farm isn't too bad and easy to pull single. Also in Fear Itself Terror Enraged isn't bad, the issue there is you gotta take the first hit to get the pet to engage (stupid wisp bug)...