Where are People Soloing in UF?

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Re: Where are People Soloing in UF?

Post by Tacoma2586 »

ehh i doubt it cause eqplayers has a 46 mage from tunare or a 13 from zek. both obviously dont know least first hand if mages can solo uf spots ok. but we see what he says.

Last edited by Tacoma2586 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

This is Danielle's magelo - took all of a minute to find it...not been updated in several months though.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/639739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

ahh kk. still wondering why he cant solo some parts of UF. but again whatever.

Danille

Post by Danille »

About 3 weeks ago I purchased CoN AA rank 2 by accident. Had a GM delete my character, then revive it 10 minutes later in order to roll back the purchase. My EQPlayers presence disappeared at that time. About a week later I contacted CS to have it fixed. That is why you cannot find me on EQPlayers. :mrgreen:

The EQPlayers link in my sig will reappear when they make the necessary update.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

I agree with Danille, you aren't SOLOING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olz1YTfK ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Ok, fine. Let's make everyone happy. Here is the list broken into two groupings:

The following SOLO. Just me. And an EM8 air pet. No merc. Nothing else. Me. And Pet. Only. Got it? ONLY ME AND THE PET.

In BR just about anywhere and anything.
In CC the goos, sometimes the undead or the odd traitor.
In Grotto all over the place except right past the BR zone and right past the UQ zone - hard to get singles there for some reason.
In Fungal all over the place - can do some tasks doing this as well.
In LC doing Grand Experiment and Cure tasks simultaneously.

The following MOLO.

In Foundation at the zone in, or in a tunnel entrance.
In Arth by that dwarf near the Fungal zone, picking off ants by the farms, etc.
In UQ in badgerland, sometimes down the tunnel into golem territory.
In Fungal for the named and various tasks.
In LC for the named and tasks other than those named in the solo section.
In BT nowhere - can't get singles there to save my life.
In Kernagir up in the passages on walls - can usually get singles.
In Husk not too many places - are only a handful of spots I found I can get singles. One is near the gnolls/kobolds, another is near the bubbling spring, and right at the zone in from Arth.
In Convo right down the ramp from zone in, in a couple spots over by the gnolls/kobolds, in the passages in the upper area, in the room where the end of the Delth event is you can do some of those.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

/agree with svenalo

Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I think your disagreement just stems from semantics and and what you consider efficient. I can solo a decent bit in UF, but I would hardly call it efficient in terms of xp. Most of my solos in underfoot were accidental anyway, either from forgetting to get out my merc (whoops) or having bad pull positioning where the merc gets pummeled right off the bat and dies (I'm looking at you gold golems, slayer of mercs). I can get xp at least twice as fast in my normal AA grind spots. It's boring and tedious since I've done it so many times, but I'm usually only there for 30 minutes and then gate or port out to someplace more interesting. I do find UF content more fun simply because it's so challenging. However I can usually only kill about 2-3 mobs solo before I have to med (only around a 36K mana pool).
Danille

Post by Danille »

Ok I spent the last few days messing around soloing the following stuff in UF....Trash mobs in Fungal Forest, Leichen Creep, Pelucid Grotto and Cooling Chamber that I could pull single, plus just about every type of mob in Brells Rest.

As suspected it was a total waste of time from an efficiency standpoint and not the least bit fun. I enjoy a challenge but typically it is for some type of reward, either experience, progression or loot. To kill challenging mobs just to say it can be soloed is one thing, but to actively be soloing in UF is not worthwile as there is no justification.

Simply put a mage's time and effort is better spent either moloing, grouping in UF or soloing in the other expansions.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

What, to me, makes it effective is if I am doing multiple tasks at the same time as I am killing the mobs...then you end up with the xp from the mobs plus the xp from the tasks. I will agree, however, that it isn't a whole lot of fun doing it...even moling in UF, unless I am needing to camp something, I spend only about an hour at it max and then do something else. The only time I have fun is with a group or on raids...