Becoming the best that I can

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Daiou
Conjurer

Re: Becoming the best that I can

Post by Daiou »

I had a hotkey with

/tar a_
/loot

Made looting brownies and the like so much easier.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

I have a key mapped out to target nearest corpse; hitting that key and my /loot key makes any corpse easy. Even helps find the ones that disappear into the geometry.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Sillaen wrote:Where exactly do you find easier spots to solo burn lesson and make more than 6AAs in one run?
It's been a few months since I last burned a lesson solo, but IIRC could get 9-10 per lesson in beza, 8 or so in Zeka, and 10 in robot. I've gained raid foci's, 5k mana, UF augs and aa's, EM3/4 to EM7 since then, so likely slighter more now. Last lesson I burned was a month ago, in zeka (not as good xp as beza or robot) with a completely afk bot on /follow just leeching xp, think I got a little over 5aa.

As for looting, I have "B" mapped to "cycle through nearest corpses" and a loot hotkey (not sure if this is correct as not in game atm, but you get the idea):

/loot
/pet target
/ass
/loot

Which will loot anything I currently have targeted via "B", and if i don't, it will assist pet and get whatever corpse he just killed, and loot. I hardly ever use it though, as just hitting "B" and keeping /loot in command buffer is generally less annoying so i don't have to switch hotkey pages (or open a 4th hotkey bar). It's nice for those corpses that fall through walls etc though, that you can't even get via /targ.

-nako/saryrn
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

[quote="Sillaen"]Where exactly do you find easier spots to solo burn lesson and make more than 6AAs in one run? Please, do tell. [quote]

Brownies are 9-10 aa's on a burn. If i'm doing a lesson run solo, that's the place to do it.
Last edited by Redius on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

nako wrote:Ah Katta elementals, those pulls are annoying yeah, craptons of casters and whacky pathing.
I don't "pull" them, I send in the pet and go right to where they stand. I always keep Velocity on the pet, he can move around pretty quick and gather up mobs when I want to.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

On lesson burns my "secret" last couple of expansions has been merely to hit the Valde pit. The spiders there have no HP and gigantic XP. In a lesson burn you can do 9 to 14 AAs depending on how vigorous you are feeling. Don't take your merc in there, obviously. I start at one end, aggro 4 or 5 spiders and do (whatever) to kill them, using my discs whenever they pop and just mow the lawn in there from one side to another. By the time you have killed the goos on the opposite side and the tigers up the ramp the other side will have started popping or will be shortly.

Doing this I've been max AA for (whatever current expansion) in nothing flat.

During Hotzone time it was a riot. Lots of exclamation points. And tildes.

I made the mistake of laughing about it in general and ended up having to do it in the wee hours so as to get a spot. Everyone's forgotten, again. Good time to hit it up.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

So after we started talking about Katta in this thread I decided to go back and try it out again, which is the first time I've lesson burned there in a while (and as posted before I've had a considerable power increase since then). I think I'm not doing the same spot as others here who have said they have 34 mobs, because where I've been doing them has 15 if my mental count is correct, and I had the problem of running out of targets too quickly and having to wait for respawns. As a result I think I only got around 4 AA, which is a pretty pitiful lesson. Almost all of the elementals had dropped to light blue, which was slightly disappointing but not really unexpected. I'm attaching a map showing where the elementals are that I've been killing. Where is the other spot with more than 15?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

You may be referring to the old "favorite" spot there, the so-called Brine camp. Go 'round North tip then head South to the pool. If I recall correctly each corner in that area has several, then the pool has another several.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Brine of brexus camp on your screenshot would be at the north border where the double cirle is, right north of the center pyramid. There is no passway to north from the pyramid, so you have to do the roudtrip as described by Baramos. When you get the named to spawn (phs are the 4 elementals in the water) you have a chance for an augment: "Elemental Ice Fragment". If you stay at the square place, its maybe about 20ish mobs. But to the north there are some more. Not shure if there you can have 34 elementals in total.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Yes, the Brine camp is the one I refer to when i say 34 mobs.

Yellow spot is my pet and myself.
The 34 mobs are marked in red.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.