How to make money?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
dduble07
Elementalist

How to make money?

Post by dduble07 »

Ok, so I have a level 89 Magician very decent gear and many AA's. I also have a level 87 necro friend and a level 87 cleric friend whose gear and aa's are also decent. My question is how do I make money? I'm talking about lots' o' plat. See, this guy bragged to me he had this secret way of making 20k an hour that didnt involve trade skills, task adds, or selling anything in the bazzar of any kind but wouldnt give me ANY idea on what it was. Any idea on what it could have been or another suggestion for how to make anywhere near that much money>
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: How to make money?

Post by Goranothos »

Well, I'm on FV, where everything is tradeable. I make money by killing named in Tier 4 HoT and selling drops in the baz. That's the only way I know to make decent money. Have to leave a trader up whenever I'm not playing. On a regular blue server.....I don't have a clue.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Oh, and I also do a bit of the old "buy low, sell high" when I see an item being offered at way below standard market value. Well, I don't actually "sell high"....I sell at slightly below standard market value, just to move the item quickly.
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Thanks for the replies. I am on a regular, blue, serve but it seemed as though this method did not require any bazzar buying and selling of any kind. It seemed almost magical
vlada
Elementalist

Post by vlada »

Throw him on your friends list and keep track of what zones he visits. Sleepers Tomb is decent for farming plat, can clear out the whole zone in 30 minutes net 7k in gems. Long respawn timer however.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

It also depends on their class and abilities. I know a rogue in my guild pulls the mage trick of farming beza/zeka towers. Those zones drop a lot of things worth 50-100+ pp with a high droprate. In those zones, a mage can quickly and easily clear at your level. If I drag a merc with me, give my pet sufficient dps buffs, and /qattack all I can see, it's all I can do to keep up with looting the dead.

Many people have their favorite zones. It really all amounts to: high value item drop rate, kill rate, mob availability. If they frequently drop high value items, you can kill very fast, and there are enough mobs you don't need to wait on respawns then you can usually make a nice profit.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

If you are doing zeka/beza, save the spells to sell too - you can get 200-2000pp each for em from the vendors...

You could also buy bags of plat from the loyalty vendor - 15k or so in each bag. Not good for a regular thing infusion, but can help in a pinch...
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

dduble07 wrote:Ok, so I have a level 89 Magician very decent gear and many AA's. I also have a level 87 necro friend and a level 87 cleric friend whose gear and aa's are also decent. My question is how do I make money? I'm talking about lots' o' plat. See, this guy bragged to me he had this secret way of making 20k an hour that didnt involve trade skills, task adds, or selling anything in the bazzar of any kind but wouldnt give me ANY idea on what it was. Any idea on what it could have been or another suggestion for how to make anywhere near that much money>
mage swarm kiting in FOs:

go to FOS and warn everybody u bout to kill all mobs in zone and they may lagg out
cast DD to each type: wyvern // drake // dragon.keep moving
first spire
firecore
acute focus of arcane
round them up on big group
best beam
twin cast
improve twin cast

Pros:
net around 50K - 100K and alot of tradeskill stuff to sell in bazaar
Crap load of AA's

Cons
Take forever to loot all thta crap...
mobs warp in strange patterns: IE.move foward and back while u kiteing them
Take a while to get hang of it
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

My buddy can make 15k in 1 pull in mech guardian. This he does while leveling aa's on an alt.