Elemental Form: Water

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
fordse
Magician

Elemental Form: Water

Post by fordse »

Is this still a good way to increase mana regen, or are there better ways now?

Thanks!
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Re: Elemental Form: Water

Post by jack96jill »

i dont know of any other illusions that help mana regen(but then i dont play much with illusions), which can be used indoors when you cant use a mount. a plus is always a plus, as to how efficient it is for cost, i'd get first rank then buy other more important stuff.
Msha
Magician

Post by Msha »

Rank 1, 3 AAs, +1 Mana Regen (Total)
Rank 2, 6 AAs, +2 Mana Regen (Total)
Rank 3, 9 AAs, +4 Mana Regen (Total)

So 18 AAs to get a total of +4 Mana Regen

4 in 6 secs
40 in 1 min
2400 in 1 hour

So 2-4 nukes extra every hour, you do the math :)

Lucy's Entry for max Level
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
fordse
Magician

Post by fordse »

Thanks Msha! I guess that's why I don't see water elementals running around any more. :)
Bastler
Conjurer

Re: Elemental Form: Fire

Post by Bastler »

Only Mage AA-Illusion I use these days is Fire elemental Illusion. 8-)
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I still use water form when I'm not able to, or it's pointless to use a mount. Yes, it's a pathetic 4 mana regen, but hey, it's 4 more mana regen than I had without it and it stacks with everything. I do wish they would up it to about 60. That's about 1 solid nuke per minute.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

I'd really like to see ALL the elemental forms updated into useful illusions for the next go-around of aa's. It's a shame that we've got them and they're all basically useless now.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Redius wrote:I'd really like to see ALL the elemental forms updated into useful illusions for the next go-around of aa's. It's a shame that we've got them and they're all basically useless now.
Fire elemental decreases fizzles on high lvl spells, I doubt it will ever be useless. 8-)
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Bastler wrote:
Redius wrote:I'd really like to see ALL the elemental forms updated into useful illusions for the next go-around of aa's. It's a shame that we've got them and they're all basically useless now.
Fire elemental decreases fizzles on high lvl spells, I doubt it will ever be useless. 8-)
Are you sure it decreases fizzle rate? According to Allah:

Illusion: Elemental
Increase Damage Shield by 10
Increase INT by 10
Increase Effective Casting Level by 1

Increase Damage Shield by 20
Increase INT by 15
Increase Effective Casting Level by 3

Increase Damage Shield by 30
Increase INT by 20
Increase Effective Casting Level by 5

So it increases our effective casting level. Does that reduce fizzles? My understanding was it made spells harder to resist, and that only your skill in the corresponding school of magic reduced your fizzle rate.

Never mind, further research answered my own question, at least to some degree. According to the posts under the chanter spells that raise effective casting level (intellectual advancement and intellectual superiority) it only affects fizzle rate. The spell description for those spells says it reduces fizzle rate, and others there have posted that it does not affect your chance to land spells. Level is a factor in landing spells (though I believe not as much as resists), but apparently this does not help with that.
Bastler
Conjurer

Spell Fizzle

Post by Bastler »

Well I can not prove this but this is my idea how fizzles works in EQ:

When you cast a spell, the system compares your lvl (castinglvl) with the lvl of the spell, this result in a check. This check is modified by your skill in the relevant school and AA (the ones negating fizzle in this case).

If the difference between your castinglvl and the spelllvl is low and your skill is low too you fizzle (possibly a lot). I guess we all had that happen to us once in our EQ life as spellusers. By buffing your castinglevel, you change this check to your own advantage, the same as if you would cast a lower lvl spell which you normally fizzle less often.

And thats why I use Fireelemental Illusion. I hate to fizzle overall, I hate to fizzle with a GOM proc and I even hate it more to fizzle on the followup nuke on a fickle-proc. 8-)

5 spellcasting lvls might not be much, but I have the impression that I fizzle noticeably less.
And so I dream of the Brillance of Ro and Vhex Thal :roll: