1 Apr 2010 new UF AA (test server)

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
nylrem
Elementalist

1 Apr 2010 new UF AA (test server)

Post by nylrem »

5 tiers each/5aa per tier of Earthen ________ (Alacrity, Allure, Artistry, Brawn, Brilliance, Sagacity, Stability) raises the maximum that your _______ (agi, cha, dex, str, int, wis, sta) can be raised to with items and spells by 5 points per rank. NOTE: this is currently broke, and the first tier of each grants 105 points extra cap, tiers 2-5 grant 5 each.

3 more tiers of Destructive Fury

Drape of shadows (12 AA I think? it was, 2:30 recast) Description: This ability allows your pet a chance to fade from the enemy's sight
Definitely is not 100pct chance to work, and, when it does work, you still retain your agro on the mob, so still don't see a way to use this for splitting unless still combine with CoN. For dropping agro on pet when needed, sure, allow that tank to move the mob easily, or ensure that named gonna lose agro on fluffy and hit RS pets, sure.... still don't think its gonna stay on the top page of any of my hotbars.

Host in the Shell. Description: This ability creates a shield of runes around your pet
8 min buff on pet, max extended AA, 35% worn, 4 min recast. This is overwritten by Earthen Stance Rk II and cannot hold with Earthen Stance on pet, so probably less than 8450 damage. Does stack with Kildrukaun thankfully though.

Nylrem of Test, Officer of Tribe, Member of Test Server Friends
Zatpus
Elementalist

Re: 1 Apr 2010 new UF AA (test server)

Post by Zatpus »

nylrem wrote: Host in the Shell. Description: This ability creates a shield of runes around your pet
8 min buff on pet, max extended AA, 35% worn, 4 min recast. This is overwritten by Earthen Stance Rk II and cannot hold with Earthen Stance on pet, so probably less than 8450 damage. Does stack with Kildrukaun thankfully though.
Spelldat says 25% rune for 30k damage.

extract from test: Spelldat

[21843] Host in the Shell
Classes: MAG/254
Target: Pet
Range: 200
Casting: 0,5s, Recast: 1,5s
Duration: 00:05:00 (50 ticks)
Max Hits: 30
1: Absorb Melee Damage: 25% Total: 30000

Earthen stance is like
1: Mitigate Melee Damage by 33%, 8450 total

If I understand the rune-stuff well that means:
Earthen Stance RKII will cut 1/3 of all incoming meele damage unless a total of 25k arrived.
Host in the Shell will cut 1/4 of all incoming meele damage unless a total of 120k damage arrived. (but max 30 Hits)

Did I understand this right?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Is this a definitive list of what mages get? Only 235 points worth (175 total for general, 60 total for the others assuming 12 per rank each)? Over at SOE in the forums they were saying it was over 300 points per class...
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

last burnout from life:

[13703] Frenzied Burnout
Range: 100
Casting: 2s
Duration: 36s (6 ticks)
2: Increase AC by 115
4: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 20%
7: Increase STR by 28
9: Increase ATK by 385
10: Increase Chance to Hit with Melee by 11%
11: Increase Melee Damage by 121%
This ability allows you to cast a buff on your pet that will cause it to go berserk, doing increased damage.

same burnout from Test + new one

[13703] Frenzied Burnout
2: Increase AC by 115
4: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 25%
7: Increase STR by 28
9: Increase ATK by 385
10: Increase Chance to Hit with Melee by 11%
11: Increase Melee Damage by 121%
This ability allows you to cast a buff on your pet that will cause it to go berserk, doing increased damage.

[21837] Frenzied Burnout
2: Increase AC by 126
4: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 30%
7: Increase STR by 31
9: Increase ATK by 420
10: Increase Chance to Hit with Melee by 12%
11: Increase Melee Damage by 132%

4: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 20% from FBO III on life is identic with 4: Increase Melee Haste v3 by 20% of FBO II

Seems while looking into it to create the new one, someone noticed and upped the "old" FBO III one to what it might should have been at start.
So FBO III got 25% and the new one 30%.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

Pet fade will also be useful for summon companion and suspend minion during fights (probably more useful on raid fights which tend to last longer) since you can't use either while pet is on aggro.

Hopefully it's also a gateway aa to either a pet swap or 2nd suspend minion pocket, since it seems unlikely you'll be unable to do either when pet in aggro.

Also target type seems to be wrong. It is 100%, but you must have yourself targeted. Needs to he switched to whatever target type mend companion and the epic click use ( where it activates on the pet without switching or losing current target).
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

Was also 3 more tiers of spell casting subtlety, sorry bout that.

alt activate numbers for Host in the Shell: 8342, Drape: 8341

some were pretty expensive, honestly didn't pay too much attention, since just /resetaa on test and bought em all
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Drape of shadows: casts Pet Fade, which on test looks like

[21829] Pet Fade
Range: 200
Casting: 1s, Recast: 1s
Duration: 18s (3 ticks)
1: Wipe Aggro Chance: 75%

Seems like a 75% chance to fade aggro for pet, not 100%. Stays on pet for 3 tics, which might is the chance to move it away from mob? But if it doesn't clear the aggro of the owner, I don't understand the timer on it. Its maybe useful to drop aggro to Garegoyle or to get Tank on no. 1 of hatelist, but for that instant would be good as well.

Hmm, will see.

Small test: lands on pet with me in target aswell as with an NPC in target. So no evident difference of what is targeted while casting this AA.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

Sorry for the misinformation. When I initally tried it , it always failed. But once I realized I had to target myself it seemEd to always work. At least 8 times and this was before the spell parsers were updated.

Also the recast was definately longer then 1 sec, at least 2 min if I'm recalling correctly.

I'm not sure what the buff does, the fade seemed to take effect immediately after casting. I think it might be remnents from bard fade copy and paste since I believe they get a few seconds of invisiblity as well after fade, a pet shouldn't need this as they are always non aggro unless attacking.

Not sure on the reasoning of 75% chance, unless that also what bard fade has. Increased range to match coh, instant cast and target type change are all changes I'd like to see.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Bard fade has a permanent invis placed on them when they fade. Their fade always works and the mobs will path off unless the bard does something (keeps twisting, uses a clicky, starts a song, etc). I think it might have a memblur component that is low because I've had SI mobs reaggro and have had SI mobs walk off. I could be wrong and just gotten lucky with aggro radius or some other game quirk but that seems to be how it works. So, unless the mobs are SI or the bard does something to break the invis, their fade is guaranteed. I don't think this is a copy/paste of the bard ability at all.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Not sure on the reasoning of 75% chance, unless that also what bard fade has. Increased range to match coh, instant cast and target type change are all changes I'd like to see.
Do you really think mages will get a better pet fade then necro pet FD? :lol: :lol: :lol: