Anyone ever hit RS with haste?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
IblisTheMage

Anyone ever hit RS with haste?

Post by IblisTheMage »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone ever coordinated with another player, and hit RS with haste right after it got summoned.

Stats on the pet focus thread says it has attackspeed 1500, where air pet has 2800, and I just started wondering.

Basically, you would need two players to play together a lot, have keys set up with "RS coming in 5 secs, get ready", pause, cast; and the player casting haste should have a "/tar "Iblis's Pet", cast haste-key...
wire
Elementalist

Re: Anyone ever hit RS with haste?

Post by wire »

Doesn't work with multiple swarm pets, not to mention RS overlaps quite a bit these days, so you'd never know which pet was getting it. At level 70 or something I remember going through the math, and an enchanter casting their fastest cast time haste on the pet was about double the dps they could do by nuking, so it was *worth* doing at that level, if you can convince someone of that... with all their MR responsibilities and cc, I just don't see anyone being a big fan of this concept. One thing you can do is get a bard with aura up in your group, since that will affect your swarm pets (the target buffs window is your friend).
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Had an enchanter bored enough that he did it one time. It helps, but it's smurf near impossible to have someone do it, and really not worth it. But Bard Aura works >_>
Gadjett

Post by Gadjett »

I try from time to time with shaman but doesnt really seem worth it.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

I do it all the time with my enchanter, specially if I'm soloing.

Definitely does seem to help, he gets at least another hit in every round iirc.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

I'll look up the exact numbers later this weekend but when I tested it on group mobs in Korafax with all pet offensive AA's + EM 8 - Our Rumbling Servant parsed at about 1600 DPS without any buffs, and at about 2700 DPS WITH Rk III Enchanter haste.
IblisTheMage

Post by IblisTheMage »

Falore wrote:I'll look up the exact numbers later this weekend but when I tested it on group mobs in Korafax with all pet offensive AA's + EM 8 - Our Rumbling Servant parsed at about 1600 DPS without any buffs, and at about 2700 DPS WITH Rk III Enchanter haste.
That is great information, thanks!

Looking forward to read more about your experience with this
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

Has anyone found a way to target RS from a hotkey using /tar? This is the biggest caveat for me atm to get chanters/shammies to haste the pet as they need to manually click the pet.
Msha
Magician

Post by Msha »

/tar sarenot's_pet
/pause 2
/cast haste

Will not work if you have Servant or Host up as they are named Sarenot's_Pet to.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Is there a way to hotkey a bandoleer change and/or item click? I could see this being useful for a chanter with their 1.0 epic. While not as nice of a haste as higher level versions, the click has the same cast time as the fastest cast haste (minus spell haste focus) and is still 66%. Would be a decent mana-free boost if you can set up a hotkey to switch bandoleer, target pet, click stick, switch bandoleer back.