Test Update 02/28/12

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Test Update 02/28/12

Post by Piemastaj »

It is all speculation as to what this change could mean really. Them not specifically stating what it means brings up a lot of questions.

Normally regular trash mobs are not designed to be immune to stun unless they are apart of an event. So my best guess would be those mobs will be able to be stunned after the patch.

During UF at some point our Air pets were casting an 85 stun, and not their 90 stun. Then during HoT they were casting their 90 stun when it should have been a 95 stun.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Necromage

Post by Necromage »

Danille wrote:
Necromage wrote:Since I don't play any char with a stun spell, I never had a chance to find out:

Are HoT trash mobs (at least T1 and T2) immune to stun?
Are SoD trash mobs (T3 and T4) immune to stun?

I'm asking this obviously since these are still some of the popular zones for mages soloing for exp with air pets.
air pet stun was nerfed to level cap. So the top air pet (level 91) can only stun mobs to the current level cap which is 95.
Sorry if I was not clear enough with my question. What I mean is, are the trash mobs in the zones I mentioned above *tagged* as immune to stun?

Since I never played a char with a stun spell, I never bothered to learn what mobs are tagged as immune to stun. After this patch, I can't just look at level only. I'll need to learn from scratch what mobs are tagged as immune to stun, just like kiting classes have been learning what mobs summon from day one.
Necromage

Post by Necromage »

Piemastaj wrote:It is all speculation as to what this change could mean really. Them not specifically stating what it means brings up a lot of questions.

Normally regular trash mobs are not designed to be immune to stun unless they are apart of an event. So my best guess would be those mobs will be able to be stunned after the patch.

During UF at some point our Air pets were casting an 85 stun, and not their 90 stun. Then during HoT they were casting their 90 stun when it should have been a 95 stun.
e.g. Is Ogres' immunity from frontal stun in effect for SoD T4 trash mobs?

Sorry for asking such a trivial question. I seriously never bothered to learn anything about stun immunities until now :(.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

That Ogre immunity is for I believe only melee that would cause the char to be stunned. Not spells that would stun the Ogre.

Seriously think your putting to much effort into this pet immunity thing. More then likely you will not notice a difference at all in your game play. Our pets only really by-passed things with over-cap stun and Earth pet being able to root things. And the earth pet thing was mainly on raid bosses, or events where players could not root specific mobs.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

Necromage wrote:
Danille wrote:
Necromage wrote:Since I don't play any char with a stun spell, I never had a chance to find out:

Are HoT trash mobs (at least T1 and T2) immune to stun?
Are SoD trash mobs (T3 and T4) immune to stun?

I'm asking this obviously since these are still some of the popular zones for mages soloing for exp with air pets.
air pet stun was nerfed to level cap. So the top air pet (level 91) can only stun mobs to the current level cap which is 95.
Sorry if I was not clear enough with my question. What I mean is, are the trash mobs in the zones I mentioned above *tagged* as immune to stun?

Since I never played a char with a stun spell, I never bothered to learn what mobs are tagged as immune to stun. After this patch, I can't just look at level only. I'll need to learn from scratch what mobs are tagged as immune to stun, just like kiting classes have been learning what mobs summon from day one.
regardless of the zone, if the mob is level 95 or below the air pet will stun it with either wind sword proc or innate air pet proc. On the other hand in any of those zones if the mob is level 96 and above, the procs will NOT stun the mobs. Raid boss mobs are all over level 95 so it whether they are tagged immune or not they stun proc will not land anyway.
Last edited by Danille on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Dani, Necromage is referring to the fact that pets will no longer bypass mob immunities next patch. I am pretty sure he or she knows how stun works currently, but that could change come next patch. Which is why he or she wants to know if any mobs in SoD or HoT are stun immune.

Like I said it is doubtful that any are specifically stun immune unless they are over the stun cap, or part of an event that would cause them to be immune.

Ezlano

Post by Ezlano »

Danille wrote: regardless of the zone, if the mob is level 95 or below the air pet will stun it with either wind sword proc or innate air pet proc. On the other hand in any of those zones if the mob is level 96 and above, the procs will NOT stun the mobs. Raid boss mobs are all over level 95 so it whether they are tagged immune or not they stun proc will not land anyway.
The bolded portion is incorrect. The magic proc pet weapons do not have a stun component.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necromage

Post by Necromage »

I've been going through some Enchanter and Pally sites. Seems Undeads and Giants are the ones tagged as immune to stun.

Found one Pally post that says most undead content from DoDH onwards are tagged as immune to stun.

Another Pally post in 2010 goes like this "If mobs are, as they were in SOD and SOF, largely immune to stun, the class is in a very sad position."

I'll keep digging for more info.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Just a guess but the ogres in HoT are stun immune; possibly even the stuits of armor in HoT.
Necromage

Post by Necromage »

Anyone who also plays a chanter pally or cleric can enlighten us on this? :)