Raid parses

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
somemage

Raid parses

Post by somemage »

How good do you guys do on raid parses? I'm talking dps figures and what dps position relative to the top. Sometimes I am number 1 on parses and feel everyone else is slacking on my raids trying to show them how other classes should be out damaging us.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Raid parses

Post by svenalo »

I do around 5500 using a EM7 focused water pet and a bolt (sod) bolt (sof) jolt garg weave on the boss in the Crystal Core event, and similarly on the named for the Crystalos Halls of Fire event. Usual raid buffs and using twincast and pet aa's popped as appropriate. Fire focus I have is the 80% one on the tier 3 raid sleeves. Sometimes the rogues and wizzies will be ahead of me, sometimes not - depends who shows up, what gear they got, whether they are getting resisted or not (wizzies), whether they have a decent healer or not (rogues), and so on. Usually I am in the top 10, though, on mobs where we are parsing. My goal is to get that up over 6k, though, with a few tweeks to how I have the pet setup and what spells I weave once I have time to go practice on a test dummy again.

I should note I am generally with a chanter or bard in the group, hence skipping fickle.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

I'd guess that my average DPS is about 6.5k - 7k. 90% sleeves, EMVIII water pet, Full raid buffs and pet aa's etc. Spell lineup is Rumble, Jolt, Bolt, Fickle using Wire's multibinding technique. I'm with an enchanter 100% of the time, and a bard 25-35% of the time. I usually place in the top 5 for raid parses, with wizards, rogues, mages, necro's, one ranger and one monk being the competetion for the top spots.

Generally speaking, the top DPS number for any given fight will be somewhere betweeen 8-10k (specific fights can be much higher or lower, but this is an average) on regular mode, and about 1.5k less for hardmode raids.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I did a little over 10.8k DPs on queeny fight last week. Generally at 7 to 9k DPs per fight for my guild. With Crystallos raid sleeves, SoD bolt and SoD fickle. EM 8 water pet with Spire 2 and FBO on pet. Always with an enc, sometimes with a bard.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Piemastaj wrote:I did a little over 10.8k DPs on queeny fight last week. Generally at 7 to 9k DPs per fight for my guild. With Crystallos raid sleeves, SoD bolt and SoD fickle. EM 8 water pet with Spire 2 and FBO on pet. Always with an enc, sometimes with a bard.
Do you mind sharing how you get 9k to 10dps plz?

I have 90% sleeves, EM8, use water pet, have all AA's, use the same weave...

We have 6 active mage raiders whose DPS is roughly in the same range
Mostly see in an average of 6k-ish on my own parses.
Raid parse puts me in the 5k range and that is good enough for 4th to 6th place normally

We beat SoD a few months back and most of our raid force is pretty well geared as we have been on farm status including Hard Mode for a while now.

So what is it I am missing?

Suediwenae...
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Something about trusting other people's parses is they're usually wrong. More often than not when our raid leader runs a parse he shows me about 10%-15% under what I parse myself at. If you want a more accurate parse do your own.

As far as my numbers go I generally get around 4k dps on a burn but have reached 6k dps with lucky crits. I could probably get better but I've only had a bard or chanter in my group maybe 3 times over the last 6 months or so. My gear is also pretty sad which keeps my numbers where they're at.
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

you should be able to right click on your lockouts and get stats from each fight... including a parse
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I just do the normal weave and make sure my water pet gets FBO/second spire on him then suspend him. I use my nuke robe from ToB, Grp clicky robe from SoD and the one form OoW. Then I just go to town /shrug. Also have both bolt and fickle rank 3 spells, RBS rank 3. Also I am constantly looking for my pet on the raid to make sure he is on the mobs back.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Piemastaj wrote:I just do the normal weave and make sure my water pet gets FBO/second spire on him then suspend him. I use my nuke robe from ToB, Grp clicky robe from SoD and the one form OoW. Then I just go to town /shrug. Also have both bolt and fickle rank 3 spells, RBS rank 3. Also I am constantly looking for my pet on the raid to make sure he is on the mobs back.
I may not always have water pet suspended with FBO available, since my main go to pet is air and I normally have him in the pocket with all the AA's ready.
I do however have the 4.5 SoD raid chest and all offensive AA's with the addition of summoned ice and fire clickies.
The named is always cornered and my water pet is put on guard in the backstab position before we ever start the event.

Did Queen again last night and my combined DPS between the named and maggots was about 6.9k on my personal parse.
Sure I can bump that up a few hundred DPS if I had double FBO for pet.
I do have RK3 Jolt and RBS, but Bolt is RK2.

I just cant see how one more FBO and Bolt from RK2 to RK3 is going to be 3k more DPS, by going from averaging 6k+ to over 10k.

Additionally, none of the other mages I raid with, and we are a very mage friendly guild, ever see 10k on a parse.

We have 3 magicians in my guild in the top 60 for MANA = gear on the EQPlayers website. I know that is not the most accurate info, but it does serve to put us all in perspective as far as gear attained so far.

Oh well, maybe there is some filter I have on that is not letting me see all the DPS.

Suediwenae...
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Are you using 1st spire and/or 7th? Makes a difference.
I can put out 6K dps and my gear is nowhere even close to yours.

I usually do the double FBO thing on my air pet, since it's usually the pet I have up and like to have with all buffs for after raids. I also use the TSS robe. Lost 2 rolls (to a SK) on the OoW one last time we killed OMM, and Veliktorin refuses to drop the lesser version for me.

My fire focus is 65% - 80 so not anything stellar.

You must be missing some dmg somewhere.
Last edited by Sillaen on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.