Beam Kiting still valid?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Re: Beam Kiting still valid?

Post by Elentarri »

and also they way i do it once i have them all together i run around in my oval pattern til they are literally balled up, when they are like this its hard to tell if its one mob or a bunch of them and if u have 2 mages duo'ing this it goes a lot faster and is easier on mana and yes i only get 2 aa's but i do know of a few friends who have popped lesson when im near the end of the mobs and they were all under 1k aa's they would get 10-20 aa's depending on how many dragons were pulled i dont advice doing lesson on this tho espescially if ur the beamer if u have ppl grouped with you they can log out to save lesson and log back in when mobs are almost dead again
Enocha
Magician

Post by Enocha »

about 2 aa's every 30 mins for me
Any mage (or any class for that matter) can get much better AAs soloing or using a merc. Beamkiting is fun, good for farming tradeskill grey cons, useless for true exp.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

well it makes for a good pl imo
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Beam kiting is fun, but not really practical for mages as the risk isn't worth the reward. However, if you like running in circles and like the excitement of dying on a mis-timed cast, or server tick lag, then go for it. It's not bad, but you can certainly do better straight up killing.