Anyone here playing TDS?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
fleeper

Anyone here playing TDS?

Post by fleeper »

If so, is there anyone that mostly solos? I just hit 102 and looking for somewhere to grind.

Thanks.
Danille

Re: Anyone here playing TDS?

Post by Danille »

Outside of raiding nights, I usually molo but I am not online hardcore anymore. As an example I have had TDS access since the 28th and I am am up to the last progression mission in Degmar. Have moloed all but two mission. (the one in TT with all the snakes I duoed with a pickup mage and shammy; and and the 2nd to the last Degmar mission where I needed a tank for the Commander part)

Bristlebane Server
fleeper

Post by fleeper »

I am on the first mission and at the part where you have the mobs in the water near the coral; how the heck do you get singles when trying to clear mobs away from the npc body and if no singles how do you kill multiple mobs? My pet dies sooooo fast when I get two of them.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Are you using the Earth pet, a healer merc, and RS? You should be able to use RS to offtank one of the mobs if you get multiples, and I don't recall it being too difficult to pull singles. Do you have max (or close to max) AAs, a good pet focus, stuff like that? I did all of T1 progression molo fairly easily on beta with an EM 16 focus/max AAs (and again on live, but with a raid focus). I did most of T2 molo; there were a couple parts where I grouped. In T3 I try to drag around a second healer merc, but it isn't too bad even there molo.
fleeper

Post by fleeper »

I am using RS, healer merc and air pet. Should I use earth instead? I am just a casual player so I don't have a good EM item. Are there any new purchasable ones that I might find in the bazaar from TDS? ANd how do you have a second healer merc??

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

I'd probably suggest Earth; the 99 Earth pet has slightly more HP and AC than the 101 Air from the tests I've done. Chitin Stud is EM 16 and is tradeable; it's from a named in Tempest Temple. Unfortunately, my guess is if it's in the bazaar it will be rather expensive (here on Luclin there isn't one up currently) :? . If, by some twist of fate, you happen to play on Luclin, I'd be happy to help you camp it.

And to have a second healer merc you need to bug one of your friends to leave their toon /afk in a zone with you, set them as puller, and then drag around their merc :D .
fleeper

Post by fleeper »

Thanks for the suggestions; I will definitely try them.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I finally ventured into TDS a couple days ago. A Rising Storm and Gathering Clouds were pretty straight forward. Gathering Clouds I had a couple shadow knights join me but it could have been molo'd by having fluffly tank one while throwing gargoyles at the second squid.

Just to be contrary I'll disagree with Sancus; but for only one reason. If you use the 101 air pet you'll have the option to purchase level 101 gear from the bazaar rather than the older level 97 gear. The AC difference between the levels is pretty substantial plus the mod 2's and increased HP's in the gear might make it worth using the 101 pet for some.

I'm not saying everybody should rush out and blow 10k on their pet everytime you summon fluffy but it is something to keep in mind.